Today for my tasty post we made a pretty tasty dinner of pan fried chicken, squashed potatoes and wait for it... petit pois a la francaise! How posh does that sound?! (Kind of cancels it out when I say we had burger and chips for dinner yesterday though!)
We discovered the recipe when we watched Matt and Allegra's Big Farm on the Good Food channel and it looked good so we gave it a go ourselves.
I couldn't find their recipe anywhere so here's ours if you want to have a go...
Ingredients (we don't do any precise measuring I'm afraid but it doesn't really need it!)
Butter for frying - about a tablespoon
Shallots - A couple
Spring Onions - A couple
Bacon - A few rashers
Chicken - 1 breast chopped up smallish
Garlic - A clove
Petit Pois - A handful or so (it wouldn't be Petit Pois a la Francaise without the petit pois!)
Cream - A glug or so
Salt and Pepper - However seasoned you want it
Lettuce - A bit chopped up (sounds weird I know but tastes good!)
Wine - A slosh (or cider if you forgot the wine like we did!)
- Fry the shallots, garlic and spring onions in the butter until soft and slightly brown.
- Add the bacon and chicken until brown and sticking to the pan (don't burn though!)
- Add the wine (or cider) to deglaze the pan
- Add some salt and pepper
- Add the cream and leave to warm through and thicken up
- Add the peas and let them cook through
- Chuck in the lettuce and let it wilt a bit and warm through
If you have any good recipes yourselves then share them with us! - Nic